Cleaning a window is a rather easy job. Everyone can do this kind of chore but sometimes, not everyone can do this job properly. Sometimes it feels more fulfilling and great when you clean and maintain your house, particularly the windows on your own but sometimes without proper and guidance, your good intentions on your house might bring more harm than good. Here are five examples of the common mistakes that homeowners commit in trying to clean their windows alone.
1. Cleaning windows during sunny days. This may sound strange and unconventional to everyone but yes, it is not advisable to clean the windows during sunny days. It might be a very nice time to go out and wash your windows because the sun can easily sip out the wetness in your windows, however, it makes window washing a lot harder. It is more likely that you will just lather up one side then move to the other side of the window without even sponging it or letting it dry. If you do this, the sun will easily dry out the lather in the window and will leave it with marks and streaks even though you have finished scrubbing the windows.
2. Being stingy with cleaning detergents. There are a lot of homeowners also today that makes a lot mistake by using a small amount of cleaning liquids because they want to save more for future cleaning purposes. If you use a small amount of cleaning fluid and tries to mix it with water to make it look more, it won’t make the cleaning effective. Do not be stingy with your cleaning fluids.
3. Using unfit materials in drying. Drying is also a very important part in window cleaning yet many homeowners do not take it seriously by using wrong materials in cleaning which leads to marks and scratches. Window glass are also sensitive and it would be very advisable to only use smooth fiber cloth to sweep out the remaining liquids in it.
4. Using cleaning tools inappropriately. The basic tools in cleaning are mainly mops, a bucket of water, scraper or sponges, and smooth cloth. Each of these tools are used for different purposes, so if you try to use the interchangeably, most likely it will do more harm than good to your windows. Lastly,
5. Following the wrong process. Though cleaning the windows can be a very simple and easy process, many homeowners still do not take it into account and does not even give time to learn and follow it. They must always follow the cleaning process step-by-step to ensure that the cleaning done has efficient quality and can increase the longevity of the windows.
Cleaning the windows might be an easy process, but you still need to be mindful about every step, every material in order to do it effectively and surely. Also, you can do window cleaning on your own, however, if you want to have better results in cleaning and to ensure yourself that there won’t be mistakes in the cleaning process, house cleaning in sparta wi can help you with scrapping of the dirt in your windows effectively.